Many of us can still recollect the first game we played, or picking up a controller and thinking “Wow, I was born for this”. But have you ever spared a thought for the companies feeding your WoW addiction? Or how CD Projekt Red rose to fame? What about the genesis of the Unreal engine? Well sit back, grab a bowl of popcorn and relax as Andrew takes a trip down memory lane.
This is a list of how 10 video game companies became household names. There’s heated drama, insane development schedules, and gossip-worthy talking points. Did you know FromSoftare, the creator behind the notoriously difficult Dark Souls series got its start making office software? And Sega isn’t actually as Japanese as it sounds? It’s true. Before creating an English-speaking Italian plumber who defends royalty and gets possessed by headwear, Nintendo was big on playing cards. I’m sure I’m not the only one who’s glad they switched things up.
- FromSoftware Reaffirms End of Dark Souls Franchise; Studio Wants to Take on ‘Fresh Experiences’
- Dark Souls Remastered Released Date Announced for the Switch; Solaire of Astora Amiibo to Launch Alongside
- Bandai Namco Announced Dark Souls Trilogy; Limited Quantity of Steel Book Physical Copies Available
- Sega: “We’ve seen the growth of Japanese IP on Steam on PC; that never existed before”
- Former Quantic Dream Designer & Sega Collaborating on New IP