With Halo 3 celebrating its 10th anniversary later this year, many had suspected that Microsoft was preparing to release an anniversary edition of the game to coincide with the milestone. After all, both Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2 received special editions on their 10 year marks, so it was only natural to assume that Halo 3 would get the same treatment. Unfortunately, it looks like that won’t be the case.
343 community manager Brian Jarrard recently responded to speculation about an anniversary edition of Halo 3 on Reddit, saying “OMG stop. There is no Halo 3 Anniversary.”
For context, fans were speculating to news from last week that Microsoft will not be featuring Halo 6 at E3, but that 343 will “have a little something” to showcase. Many (ourselves included) assumed that this “little something” was Halo 3 Anniversary, but it looks like we were mistaken.
Of course, it’s possible that Jarrard is lying and trying to keep a Halo 3 Anniversary announcement quiet until E3, as the game would no doubt be a big part of Microsoft’s Xbox press conference. We’ll find out for sure what Microsoft and 343 have cooking in the Halo universe at E3 next month.
- ‘Halo 6’ Will Not Not Be At E3 2017
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection Announced for PC, New Announcement Trailer Debuts
- You’ll be able to play Halo: Reach on PC this month when MCC tests start
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection PC Beta Delayed
- Halo MCC PC will be “ready when it’s ready”, but you can play it early