Currently, when you think of Nintendo you probably think of the Switch, or perhaps the LABO – but not really the 3DS. We’ve just received news from NPD group that the 3DS has actually had the best January sales since 2013.
The boost in sales certainly do come at a strange time – especially considering the prominence of the Switch as well as all of the new games that it supports. This and the 3DS didn’t see any major new software releases in January, and none of its games made the NPD’s top 20 list for the month.
Thoughts? Let us know in the comments below.
In other Nintendo news, the entertainment company aims at having everyone owning a Switch console in the household.
There’s no doubt that Nintendo’s latest console has been a massive success. With an impressive line-up of titles and the hybrid nature of the console, Switch units have been flying off the shelf since it’s launch last year. And Nintendo expects nothing less than continuous performance with a goal of achieving “Wii-like” success.Where Nintendo aims to achieve this, is by positioning the console, rather as a handheld gaming device than a standalone unit.
- Nintendo Wants Everyone In A Household To Own A Switch
- Dream Team: Switch & Odyssey Sales Driving Up Nintendo Revenue
- The Switch Has Given Nintendo Its Most Successful Launch Ever
- Nintendo Plans To Ship 25-30 million Switch units next year
- Nintendo Switch Expected To Surpass Wii U Lifetime Sales By April 2018