During yesterday’s Nintendo Direct, Square Enix revealed a staggering number of upcoming Final Fantasy games – both old and new – that are headed to the Nintendo Switch.
The first title, Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition HD, is available now on the Nintendo eShop for $29.99 (with a 40% discount currently in effect to celebrate its launch), but that’s nothing compared to what’s on the horizon:
- World of Final Fantasy Maxima – Nov. 6
- Chococo’s Mystery Dungeon Everybuddy – Winter 2018/19
- Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age – 2019
- Final Fantasy VII, IX, X / X-2 HD Remaster – 2019
In addition, the Nintendo GameCube co-op classic Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles is being remastered for Nintendo Switch and released sometime in 2019. The game will include online multiplayer.
Every Final Fantasy game announced for the Nintendo Switch, with the exception of Chococo’s Mystery Dungeon Everybuddy and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles are coming to Xbox One as well.
- Square Enix Considering Porting Final Fantasy XIV to Nintendo Switch And Xbox One with Cross-Platform Play
- RUMOR: ‘Final Fantasy VII’ Remake To Release In 2017?
- Final Fantasy XIV Online Patch 4.3 Introducing Extra Quests, Secret Trial
- Nintendo Teases GameCube Virtual Console Support On Switch
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Patch 1.3.0 Will Introduce New Game+