Ubisoft Blue Byte are celebrating 30 years as a studio by announcing not just a new entry to their RTS series, The Settlers, but also HD remasters of all seven The Settlers games.
The new The Settlers title is set to release in Autumn 2019 and has got a brief reveal trailer to show off what a 2019 The Settlers game looks like, which as it happens, is very pretty thanks to Ubisoft’s Snowdrop engine. The first The Settlers game came out in 1993, so news of a new mainline entry to the series is very unexpected.
If this news has flooded you with nostalgia for the 25-year-old series, then Ubisoft Blue Byte also announced that the HD remaster of the 1993 The Settlers is already available on Uplay. For fans of the series who are at Gamescom 2018, thethe HD remasters of The Settlers I, II, III, and IV are available to play at Ubisoft’s booth on the show floor.
With this news and the pending release of Age of Empires IV, it’s a good time to be a fan of classic RTS games.
You can watch the announce trailer for The Settlers 2019 below.
The Settlers: History Collection, which contains HD remasters of all seven The Settlers titles, is due to release on November 15, 2018, only on PC.
- Far Cry Spinoff Title Teased in New Trailer; Full Reveal Scheduled for Video Game Awards 2018
- Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 Release Date Announced Alongside New Trailer; Pre-Order Now for Private Beta Access
- Free games – Anno 1602 is yours to keep for the series’ 20th anniversary
- Ubisoft’s uPlay Club Points now expire after two years
- Ubisoft is “fighting for resources” on Splinter Cell and Prince of Persia