We’re almost to a new year, and another January means another edition of Awesome Games Done Quick, the annual speedrun marathon benefiting the Prevent Cancer Foundation. The full schedule went live a few months ago, but you can consider this your reminder a lot of cool games will be played very quickly as 2019 begins.
AGDQ 2019 starts at 9:00 PST / 12:00 EST / 17:00 GMT on Sunday, January 6 after a 30-minute pre-show. The event opens with a Hollow Knight headliner – a true ending/no major glitches run scheduled to be completed in about an hour-and-a-half. Day one also includes a Serious Sam: The First Encounter co-op run and an inbounds Portal race.
We’ll see massive RPGs like Morrowind and Divinity: Original Sin 2 each done in under 30 minutes. There’ll be runs at forgotten old FPSes like Doom and bonafide classics like Chex Quest. We’ll have some of this year’s indie darlings, like The Messenger, Dead Cells, and Celeste. We’ll also see the infamous likes of the DOS version of Mega Man.
There are plenty of non-PC games in the schedule at the official site too, but hey – we do have a theme to uphold here.
Read more: Play at whatever pace you like in the best PC games
AGDQ topped its previous donation total for each of the past three years. Here’s hoping the next event sees similar success. Summer Games Done Quick should follow later in the year, but we don’t yet have any details on exactly when it’ll take place.
- The Best Speed Runs of 2017s Awesome Games Done Quick
- Celeste will get free DLC, but not in time for its birthday
- Dead Cells Nintendo Interview Talks About Interesting Development Cycle and What to Expect in 2019
- Dead Cells Mini-Documentary Showcases Upcoming DLC as Well as Behind Scene Development Footage
- Dead Cells has sold over a million copies, mostly on PC