We’re winding down through the last few months of 2019, and you know what that means – the winter edition of charity speedrunning marathon Games Done Quick is coming back around for another week of playing games fast. The folks behind GDQ have revealed the list of games that’ll be at Awesome Games Done Quick, and there’s at least one major new addition this year.
We’ll see a full, six-player run of Destiny 2’s Last Wish raid, with all encounters completed. While Last Wish initially set a record for the most time-consuming world first in Destiny history – it originally took just under a full day to complete – we’ll see it done in under 30 minutes here. (The current world record is, in fact, sitting at 19 minutes and 15 seconds.)
Beyond that, we’ll also see a race through Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, a full any% run through the entire Fallout series, and a run through John Romero’s new Doom episode WAD, Sigil. You can check out the full list of games on the official site – they’ll be organised into a proper schedule some time soon.
AGDQ 2020 starts January 5, and will run until January 12.
GDQ events continue to impress – SGDQ 2019 set a new charity record this year, with over $3 million USD raised for Doctors Without Borders.
- Masters of Doom TV show finds the perfect cast for John Romero and John Romero’s hair
- XCOM-like strategy game Empire of Sin delayed
- 2020 reminder: Donate to win swag in our annual Charity Drive sweepstakes
- The Masters of Doom Cast Announced
- Reminder: Donate to win swag in our annual Charity Drive sweepstakes