The life of Alberto Del Rio has not gotten any less interesting since he left WWE a few weeks ago. On Sunday, it was reported that Del Rio (now known as Alberto El Patron) had no-showed the first major event he was scheduled to wrestle post-WWE, for AAA in Mexico, leading to an angry public statement from that company about how he had failed Mexican fans everywhere. Well, it turns out that Del Rio had a very good reason for missing his scheduled match: he was in a hospital receiving treatments for multiple slash wounds that he had received when someone attacked him with a knife outside a restaurant where he was eating. No, seriously.
Alberto posted the following statement on his Instagram account:
A photo posted by Alberto El Patron (@el_patron_alberto) on Oct 3, 2016 at 6:34pm PDT
Del Rio also posted a picture of his injuries, which fortunately seem to be mostly superficial (if deep) cuts, as you can see below.
A photo posted by Alberto El Patron (@el_patron_alberto) on Oct 3, 2016 at 6:38pm PDT
- Global Force Wrestling Announce Suspension of World Champ Alberto El Patron
- Alberto El Patron Domestic Violence Investigation Dropped, Paige Now Potentially in Trouble
- Paige Reveals More Details of Alberto Del Rio Domestic Violence Incident
- Alberto Del Rio Reportedly Under Investigation For Domestic Violence
- Alberto Del Rio Suspended For Wellness Policy Violation