A new Mortal Kombat reboot movie has been officially announced and it will be developed and produced by legendary filmmaker James Wan.
Yes, a new Mortal Kombat movie is on the way and it is set to start filming later this year in Australia. James Wan — director of Aquaman, Saw- Conjuring 1/2 — will be producing the movie alongside debuting director Simon McQuoid. He is best known for this really well done PS3 commercial that involved some of the most iconic PlayStation characters.
Check out the Michael trailer from McQuoid down below:
James Wan is very excited about the new movie and the fact that production will begin in his home country of Australia. Check out what James Wan had to say about the exciting new project down below:
I’m really happy and excited to be bringing another show back to Australia with Mortal Kombat, especially after having such a great experience filming Aquaman,” said Wan in a statement. “Now we get to experience South Australia with its scenic locations and a wealth of artistic talent to work with. It will be perfectly suited for this fantasy-action project.”
The rebooted Mortal Kombat movie will be shooting in Australia later this year. How do you feel about the upcoming video game movie? Think it can surpass the original. Let us know in the comments below!
- New ‘Mortal Kombat’ Movie to Hit Theaters in 2021
- A new Mortal Kombat movie enters pre-production this month
- Mortal Kombat 11 Director Reveals Cover Art, Features Iconic Character Scorpion
- Mortal Kombat 11’s Johnny Cage can use his Oscar to kill you
- NetherRealm Studios Release New Trailer Showcases Mortal Kombat 11 Old Skool vs. New Skool