Remember Armored Core? That awesome mech fighting title series that originally released way back when in the 90s? Well if you thought that its lifespan is over, we have some good news for you: From Software is dedicated to keeping the franchise alive, as reported by DualShockers, From Software has tweeted that they want to continue the series.
That being said, the studio has stated that we will need to “wait a little longer” before we get to experience the mech action on current generation consoles. Thankfully, the team has released a nice little PS4 theme for our troubles, the theme will arrive today to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the game.
The studio has been quite quiet on the series since the last game release in 2013 for PS3 and Xbox 360, so fans have been wondering if there will be a sequel to Armored Core: Verdict Day. While I never played Verdict Day, Armored Core 3 was one of my favorite titles to play on PS2, mostly because the Mech action and customization was the most in-depth experience that you’d get from a game from that era.
Excited to revisit the franchise? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
- New Overwatch Animated Short Focuses on D.Va’s Origin
- CD Projekt Red Address Cyberpunk 2077 First-Person Character Customization Concerns
- Take A Trip Down Memory Lane With This PS2 Theme For Your PS4
- This Is Why Kratos Can’t Jump In The New God of War
- Is Obsidian Entertainment Developing A New Fallout Game?