Assassin’s Creed Origins was a very good entry in Ubisoft’s Assassin’s Creed franchise, but the Assassin’s Creed Odyssey team believes the coming instalment is the best and most fun so far.
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey’s Game Director Scott Phillips sat down with GamesBeat at E3 2018, where he described the title as “the most fun version of what Assassin’s Creed can be on the gamepad.” He continued to express his excitement towards players trying what they managed to implement in terms of choices, options, role play and romance.
In the core, the second to second, I think we have the finest tune and the best, the most fun version of what Assassin’s Creed can be on the gamepad. And then I think at the more meta level, what we allow you to do with choices, with options, with role play, with romance—I’m super excited for players to get their hands on that. I think it brings Assassin’s Creed to a whole new level of interactivity, of choice, of dynamism, of making history your playground. It’s not just a place where you see a cinematic with Socrates. You ask him questions, dig into his philosophy. Why does he think that way? You can make this world your own and dig into it deeply. I don’t think we’ve had that depth in the past.
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey releases on October 5th for PS4, Xbox One and PC.
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Director: ‘Choices will be Tough;’ Story Inspired by Greek Tragedy
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Dev AMA Reveals More Details on Romance Options, Naval Combat and Dialogue Options
- Ubisoft Unleashes Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey Launch Trailer
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Officially Announced
- Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey Will Take Around 40 Hours To Complete