Assassin’s Creed Odyssey was the last title unveiled from Ubisoft’s press conference. We know that the game will be set in ancient Greece during 431 BCE. Historically, this puts players in the brewing battle between Athens and Sparta and while the game will sport all the various mechanics and features that the Assassin’s Creed franchise is known for, there will be some new twists.
For starters, the game will focus on a mercenary outcast who must become a Greek hero. But this time around, players will be able to choose between two different characters, Alexios and Kassandra.
Likewise, outside exploring this new game world, players can alter the narrative journey. Within the game, players will be able to make decisions and vocal narrative choices.
During the gameplay footage shown off at the Ubisoft press conference, players will be presented a few different vocal responses during conversation. Just how deep these narrative choices will affect the overall gameplay narrative remains to be seen. However, this has also leading to speculation that the game will have romance options similar to titles such as BioWare’s Mass Effect franchise. Again, this is purely speculation at the moment, but we’ll of course keep you updated on the very latest.
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey will be available on October 5, 2018 for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC platforms.
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Dev Believes This Is the Most “Fun Version of What Assassin’s Creed Can Be on the Gamepad”
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey: 10 Things You NEED TO KNOW
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Collector Editions Unveiled
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Dev AMA Reveals More Details on Romance Options, Naval Combat and Dialogue Options
- Beyond Good & Evil 2 Gameplay Released Online