Assassin’s Creed Odyssey released around a week ago, and the game received positive reception from most critics, praising the game’s storyline, intriguing side-quests and combat. All this combined and Ubisoft’s adventurous development team to try out new ideas and add a unique instalment to the franchise paid off, since Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is on track to become the best performing Assassin’s Creed entry of all-time.
Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing Geoffroy Sardin expressed how proud the entire development team is of what they accomplished, and hinted towards more “robust content plans” down the line for the title, to keep its player base engaged.
We are incredibly proud of what the team accomplished with Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, and humbled by the amazing reception from critics and players. Based on the quality of the game and the very encouraging reactions from players, we expect Odyssey to be one of the top performing Assassin’s Creed games of all-time. Launch is just the start of this epic journey. We have robust content plans for Assassin’s Creed Odyssey that will keep players engaged and exploring the game’s beautiful and compelling world for a long time to come.
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey released on October 5th for PS4, Xbox One and PC. Creative Director Jonathan Dumont recently talked more about the game’s storyline inspiration.
[Source: Official press release]
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Shatters Franchise Sales Record For Current Console Generation
- Assassin’s Creed Franchise Skipping 2019
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Dev Believes This Is the Most “Fun Version of What Assassin’s Creed Can Be on the Gamepad”
- There will be no new Assassin’s Creed game in 2019
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Director Talks Greek Mythology and Their Influence on Odyssey’s Story