With the loot box trend becoming more and more prevalent in the game development industry it was bound to be featured in one of the most anticipated titles of the year Assassin’s Creed Origins. Dubbed, “Heka” chests, these boxes will reward a random sword or shield to the player.
As of right now, it seems that the chest can be bought via in-game currency, however, it isn’t uncommon for a studio to monetize the mechanic.
This causes concern for many players who feel cheated when developers add these into thier games – firstly because some developers may make it extremely difficult to get through the game without purchasing a key to the chest and secondly locking content that should be included in the game through means of coughing up more cash just seems unethical.
Either way, Ubisoft is Ubisoft, by following their previous releases we can deduce what will likely happen.
Excited to play Assasin’s Creed Origins? Pissed off about the chest addition to the title? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.
- No HDR Support For PC Version of Assassins Creed: Origins
- Ubisoft Unveils Assassin’s Creed Origins Upcoming DLC Content
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Receives For Honor-Themed Gear Pack
- Assassin’s Creed Origins To Receive New Game+
- Assassin’s Creed Origin’s Xbox One Install Size Revealed