The next game from Studio Wildcard is Atlas, and it’s the sort of survival-focused online sandbox you’d expect from the people who made Ark. The scope seems much bigger this time around, with promises of 40,000 concurrent players interacting in a single environment. We’re also trading the dinosaur-focused sci-fi for a full-on fantasy naval environment.
The trailer below shows plenty of cool-looking stuff, like sailing alongside massive sea creatures, doing battle with big ol’ demons, and massive ship-on-ship battles. It looks like you’ll be able to explore ships sunk by other players, too. We’ll find out the details very soon – Atlas launches via Steam on December 13.
The Game Awards is an annual show hosted by Geoff Keighley that celebrates the best and brightest in the gaming year, and provides plenty of fresh announcements, trailers, and worldwide debuts for upcoming PC games. You can catch the show in progress on YouTube and Twitch, or whatever your media streaming platform of choice happens to be. Of course, you can also stick with us for more details on all the announcements as they happen.
Check out the trailer below.
This story is still developing. Keep checking back for more details as they come in during our coverage of The Game Awards.
- Anthem’s Game Awards trailer doubles down on story and reveals the villain
- Obsidian’s The Outer Worlds might just be the New Vegas follow-up you’ve wanted
- Psychonauts 2 launches in 2019 – here’s the first trailer
- Risky Reels is now The Block – a place where Fortnite devs will show player creations in-game
- BioWare confirms the next Dragon Age with a Game Awards trailer – sort of