Nintendo’s Indie Showcase had tons of exciting and new titles, one in which had many stunned was the unveiling of Axiom Verge 2. Yes, that’s you heard that correct! We are getting a sequel to Axiom Verge! Check out the announcement trailer down below.
Axiom Verge 2 introduces players to a brand new character named Indra who is fighting for her life, empowered by the same microscopic machines that are gradually consuming her humanity. The world of Axiom Verge 2 is like the one you’ve never seen before, as it is completely revamped from the original. Axiom Verge 2 retains the Metroidvania gameplay style but this time around you will be equipped with new weapons and abilities to fight off the dangers of the world.
The original Axiom Verge launched back in 2015 and was very well-received for its well-executed fun, Metroidvania style gameplay combined with its intriguing story. It’s been a long haul, but it is very exciting to see a sequel being developed and getting its time in the spotlight.
Axiom Verge 2 launches on Nintendo Switch Fall 2020. No word on whether it will have a multiplatform release, but stay tuned to Gameranx as we will have all the latest gaming scoops for you.
- Nomada Studio’s Gris Set to Release for the PS4 November 26, Limited Run Games Physical Version Announced
- Review Roundup: Control Creates A Strange, Weird and Paranormal That Will Have You Engrossed in Long After Finishing the Game
- Indie 2D RPG Indivisible Releases in October
- Bandai Namco Announces Little Nightmares 2 at gamescom 2019, Set to Release 2020
- Capcom Brings New Style Mode to Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition for Nintendo Switch