Since the massive success of last year’s PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, and this year’s Fortnite success, almost every major company is implementing the battle royale genre into their games – and it seems like DICE might just be another one of those companies.
Speaking to GameSpot, senior producer Andreas Morrel stated that the Battle Royale genre would be something of a “Natural Fit” for Battlefield.
“It’s hard to miss the battle royale frenzy that’s ongoing. We’re all very much fans of it, back at DICE, and we’re definitely looking to see how Battlefield can explore the Battle Royale genre.”
“We’ve got the sandbox, we’ve got the vehicles, we’ve got the epic scale – it is a natural fit for us.”
While this isn’t confirmation that the mode will be a definite in Battlefield V, it does seem like something that the team is genuinely considering. Considering the massive game maps and amazing parachute mechanics, I think it will probably thrive the best in this year’s Battlefield.
Thoughts? Let us know in the comments below. Battlefield V will be launching globally on October 19th for Xbox One, PS4 and PC.
- Battlefield V Battle Royale Will Be Post Launch Content
- Battlefield V May Get A Battle Royale Mode
- Unlike New Call Of Duty, ‘Battlefield V’ Will Still Have A “Compelling Single-Player” Mode
- Battlefield V Battle Royale Mode Player Count Revealed
- EA DICE Reveal More Information on Battlefield V’s Firestorm Battle Royale Mode