EA is allegedly set to introduce a Battle Royale mode into this year’s iteration of Battlefield. According to GamesBeat citing an anonymous source, the team at DICE is working on a battle royale themed prototype that will be introduced post-launch (likely October).
Just last week we announced that Ubisoft would be developing a Battle Royale with the same studio that created The Division, so it would perfect make sense that EA would follow Ubisoft to dip into the money printing genre that is Battle Royale.
‘There’s no doubt that Battle Royale games are all the craze these days, with mobile releases for both Fortnite and PUBG as well as new takes on the genre (H1Z1’s autoroyale) there’s no doubt that larger studios would want to capitalize on the trend. The swedish team behind the MMO third person shooter from Ubisoft are no except – allegedly, besides updating the first Division game, working on the second Division title as well as developing an upcoming Avatar title, Massive Entertainment are also working on a battle royale game.’
Will Fortnite and PUBG be able to hold off against these newcomers? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
- The Division Developers Are Working On A Battle Royale Game – Rumor
- H1Z1 Leaves Early Access With A Vehicular Battle Royale Mode
- Fortnite: Battle Royale Passes 20 Million Players Since Launch
- Microsoft And Epic Games Push PS4 and Xbox One Crossplay With Fortnite Battle Royale
- PUBG Will Be Getting A Mobile Version