BattleTech, Harebrained Schemes’ turn-based strategy title is out now for PC players via Steam. Based on FASA’s classic board game/role-playing series, BattleTech follows a mercenary Mech Lance unit as they take on freelance missions. BattleTech allows players to customize over 30 different mechs for combat. You’ll be able to switch up weapons, change unit types, upgrade pilots to learn new abilities and much more.
What’s quite interesting with this title, is that there are various environmental and external factors that can end up affecting your gameplay (such as heat management and elevation.)
The year is 3025 and the galaxy is trapped in a cycle of perpetual war, fought by noble houses with enormous, mechanized combat vehicles called BattleMechs. Take command of your own mercenary outfit of ‘Mechs and the MechWarriors that pilot them, struggling to stay afloat as you find yourself drawn into a brutal interstellar civil war. Upgrade your starfaring base of operations, negotiate mercenary contracts with feudal lords, repair and maintain your stable of aging BattleMechs, and execute devastating combat tactics to defeat your enemies on the battlefield
Along with the campaign there is the multiplayer and Skirmish mode. To read more about the title, check out the official excerpt, down below.
- BattleTech Receives New Story Trailer Showcasing the Dethroned Queen’s Ambitions to Take Her Throne Back with Your Help
- BattleTech’s first DLC set for November 27: Here’s what you need to know
- BattleTech: Flashpoint comes with a free arcade mode and ally-only shops
- Space Wars: Interstellar Empires Locks in Appointment With Steam Early Access
- BattleTech is a more tactical, punishing view of mech battling