Developer Harebrained Schemes’ turn-based tactical mech fighting title, BattleTech, received a really exciting story trailer a couple of days ago.
The trailer featured the dethroned queen as she seeks help from you and your group of mercenaries to regain her throne from the current ruler. Earlier in August, the studio delayed the title’s release to 2018, and now we are just a few weeks away from its April 24th release date. Check out the story trailer below.
For those not familiar with BattleTech, here is a brief description about the game’s background story and main features.
The year is 3025 and the galaxy is trapped in a cycle of perpetual war, fought by noble houses with enormous, mechanized combat vehicles called BattleMechs. Take command of your own mercenary outfit of ‘Mechs and the MechWarriors that pilot them, struggling to stay afloat as you find yourself drawn into a brutal interstellar civil war. Upgrade your starfaring base of operations, negotiate mercenary contracts with feudal lords, repair and maintain your stable of aging BattleMechs, and execute devastating combat tactics to defeat your enemies on the battlefield.
- Deploy over 30 BattleMechs in a wide variety of combinations. Use terrain, positioning, weapon selection and special abilities to outmaneuver and outplay your opponents.
- Recruit, customize, and develop unique MechWarriors. Improve and customize your dropship. As a Mercenary, travel a wide stretch of space, taking missions and managing your reputation with a variety of noble houses and local factions.
- Immerse yourself in the story of a violently deposed ruler, waging a brutal war to take back her throne with the support of your ragtag mercenary company.
- Use your MechLab to maintain and upgrade your units, replacing damaged weapon systems with battlefield salvage taken from fallen foes.
- Customize a Lance of ‘Mechs and MechWarriors to go head-to-head with your friends, compete against opponents online, or jump into single-player skirmish mode to test your strategies against the AI.
What did you think of the story trailer?
- BattleTech Out Now For PC
- BattleTech: Flashpoint comes with a free arcade mode and ally-only shops
- BattleTech’s first DLC set for November 27: Here’s what you need to know
- New Battlefield V Teaser Reveals A Trailer Is Inbound
- WATCH: Battlefield V Releases New Single-Player Trailer