Bethesda Game Studios the team behind Fallout 4, DOOM and Skyrim has just announced that they will be expanding their offices to Austin, Texas in North America to further bolster their game development capacity for future titles.
“As the vision, scale and ambitions for our games continue to grow, so does Bethesda Game Studios,” said Todd Howard, Game Director and Executive Producer at Bethesda Game Studios. “We’ve had the pleasure to know the talented developers at BattleCry and knew we could do great things together.”
The Austin division is set to be manned by a team of veteran developers and managers in the industry. Doug Mellencamp will lead the new studio as Director.
“We’re excited to join Bethesda Game Studios and look forward to working together on some of the industry’s most exciting new games,” said Mellencamp. “Austin’s incredible game development scene and talent will also allow us to push our games further than fans have imagined.”
That being said, if you are in the Area and are looking at getting into Game development, positions have recently opened up. For more information about available jobs, visit http://jobs.zenimax.com.
We wish Bethesda the best of luck with the new Studio!
- Industry Veteran Roy Campbell Joins Bethesda as New UK Managing Director
- Former Driveclub & Motorstorm Developers Announce New Studio Wushu Studios; Embarking on New Sci-Fi Themed Game
- Ubisoft Opens New Studios in India and Ukraine
- Runic Games The Creators of Torchlight Close Down
- Bethesda’s Pete Hines Discusses Creativity In The Gaming Industry; Horizon Zero Dawn Proves What Devs Are Capable Of