ZeniMax, the media company who own the game developer-publisher Bethesda, has applied to trademark a new game called ‘Deathloop’.
As the company behind The Elder Scrolls and current owners of Doom and Wolfenstein, Bethesda has a strong history on PC, but based on the application – which comes to our notice via Gamespot – Deathloop may be an online-enabled mobile game. If so, it would be the latest of several forays onto mobile for the company – The Elder Scrolls: Blades will take its most iconic series onto handheld devices, while Fallout Shelter was a successful initial experiment on the platform. For those of us who prefer our hobby on desktop PCs, it’s a worrying trend, but one that shows no signs of slowing down.
A death loop can refer to a mismatch between death and the point of respawn in gaming, such that a player can’t escape dying again even after respawning or reloading a saved game. It’s also a dangerous situation that can occur in kitesurfing due to lines getting tangled up, hooked through your harness, or gear failure of some other nature.
While it’s not inconceivable that Bethesda would make a kitesurfing mobile game, it does seem a little bit niche.
- Bethesda’s Pete Hines Explains Reason Behind Early The Elder Scrolls VI Announcement; Proof Single Player Games Are Still Alive
- Bethesda VP of Marketing Addresses Fans Concerns of Elder Scrolls VI, Starfield and Fallout 76 Release Timeline
- The Elder Scrolls: Blades Pushed Back To 2019
- The Elder Scrolls 6 is a long way off, Bethesda confirms
- Smartphones Get An Elder Scrolls Release; Will Feature Multi-platform Cross-play