The rumours were true – BioWare showcased the new Dragon Age at The Game Awards. Sort of. It’s just a brief teaser trailer that doesn’t even offer us a proper name for the new title. We just get a dramatic mural, a bit of voiceover, and a hashtag labeled ‘the Dread Wolf Rises.’ That could be a title, but more likely it just gives us a hint about what to expect from the new game.
“So, they found me at last,” a voice tells us. “I suspect you have questions.” Then we see ‘Dread Wolf Rises,’ cut to black. The Dread Wolf references Solas, who you might remember played a significant role in the closing segments of Inquisition. You can check out the teaser trailer below and start crafting your own theories.
The Game Awards is an annual show hosted by Geoff Keighley that celebrates the best and brightest in the gaming year, and provides plenty of fresh announcements, trailers, and worldwide debuts for upcoming PC games. You can catch the show in progress on YouTube and Twitch, or whatever your media streaming platform of choice happens to be. Of course, you can also stick with us for more details on all the announcements as they happen.
Check out the teaser below.
This story is still developing. Keep checking back for more details as they come in during our coverage of The Game Awards.
- Anthem’s Game Awards trailer doubles down on story and reveals the villain
- Obsidian’s The Outer Worlds might just be the New Vegas follow-up you’ve wanted
- Mortal Kombat 11 launches April 2019 – here’s a trailer
- Psychonauts 2 launches in 2019 – here’s the first trailer
- Atlas is a new naval survival MMO from the Ark devs, and you can play it next week