Developer Pearl Abyss has announced in a press release that the Shadow Arena closed beta will run from February 27 through to March 8, and you can sign up for the chance to jump in on the game’s official website right here. According to the site there are 20,000 spots on offer, and entrants will find out if they’ve won a place by February 25.
While Shadow Arena originally started as a game within its MMORPG sister Black Desert Online, it’s now grown into its own standalone title, which gets 40 players fighting it out against eachother in a “ruthless competition to be the last person standing on the battlefield.” The beta will let players pick one of nine characters from the game’s roster, with each sporting their own unique playstyle and abilities.
As well as tackling eachother, players can also track down monsters and pick up some sweet loot along the way, which will let you access upgrades for your kit and gain some buffs. But, the studio reminds players, the path to true victory lies in mastering combat skills with “impeccable skill execution and well-timed evasive tactics”.
The game will have two game modes – solo and team – and features a blend of PvP action with co-op aspects. There’s no Shadow Arena release date to mark on our calendars just yet, but it’s due to arrive sometime in early 2020.
To sign up for the chance to join the closed beta, head over to Shadow Arena’s official site ahead of its launch in just over two weeks’ time.
- Legends of Runeterra open beta release time – Riot’s card game opens to all players
- Build absolutely anything in Main Assembly, coming to early access in April
- Want to jump into Minecraft: Dungeons early? The closed beta sign up is live
- MLB The Show 20 Closed Beta Announced, Sign Up Before January 2 to Participate
- Legends of Runeterra’s open beta kicks off January 24