There’s now a full gameplay trailer for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4’s Blackout mode, at last giving us a firsthand look at what to expect from the venerable series’ take on battle royale. This goes well beyond the tiny teaser we saw a month ago, and gives us a much better idea of the rhythm and style of the mode.
You can see a lot of vehicle-based action, including gun battles between squads riding trucks and helicopters. There’s a point where the truck appears to stop below an air drop in progress, snatching a supply crate presumably full of useful goodies before any other players are able to get near.
The trailer’s filled with a lot of little details of that nature, and there’s plenty to break down. It looks like we’re going to have Call of Duty’s trademark combat speed even in this battle royale mode, and a lot of those battles happen in very close quarters – though there’s certainly room for long range combat and sniping besides.
This also shows how the Monkey Bomb works in Blackout, since here a player uses it to lure a group of zombies to an enemy squad. Whether it needs to be used close to an existing zombie squad to be effective or will call in undead from wherever isn’t clear, though.
Check out the trailer for yourself below.
The full map of Blackout locations was revealed yesterday, and you’ll be able to see it all in much greater detail when the PC open beta hits later this month. The Black Ops 4 release date isn’t until October, but you can follow that link for much more info on everything we know about the upcoming game.
- Killing zombies in Black Ops 4 battle royale gets you Ray Guns and Monkey Bombs
- Here’s Our First Look At Call of Duty Black Ops 4: Blackout Gameplay
- Black Ops 4 battle royale has 80 players plus zombies
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Mystery Box Edition Revealed and Content Detailed; Makes Zombie Noises and Features an Actual Mystery Box
- Activision Announces Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout Beta Start Date; Begins on PS4 First, Other Consoles to Follow