It seems like Blizzard is working on a new FPS IP. According to a job listing, Blizzard is looking for a candidate to help build and create drivable vehicles for an unannounced first-person title. Check out the listing below.
“Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented gameplay engineer to help create vehicles and build vehicle handling features in a robust first-person engine for an unannounced project. The ideal candidate has proven experience in vehicle handling, with exposure to other game systems like physics, animation, and cameras.”
Other than the job listing, we don’t have much other news to go about – and it will probably remain that way for quite some time especially considering the game is probably in pre-development and the company is Blizzard (who are pretty notorious for their lengthy production process). Either way, I’m quite happy to see that Blizzard is continuing it’s interest in First person development, the announced project marks the second time the publisher and studio will try it’s hand at developing an FPS, just after critically acclaimed Overwatch.
I wonder what the new game could be? Perhaps a sequel to Overwatch with emphasis on vehicular combat? Who knows.
What are your thoughts? Let us know in the comments below.
- Blizzard Job Listing Adds Mounting Evidence Unannounced Project is FPS
- Video: How Blizzard makes Overwatch maps, and why tiny boats made Rialto more balanced
- Overwatch Is Gifting Away 5 Free Lootboxes
- Daily Deal: Overwatch is Only $19.99 On Battle.net
- Overwatch Gets New Skins Today; Marks The Start of A New League