Borderlands 3 has barely been out for a week, and developer Gearbox is already detailing what to expect from the first round of free content updates. Since we’re on the eve of spooky season, October’s Bloody Harvest event is in the Halloween spirit, and it’ll bring a whole new map, modified enemies, and – of course – plenty of loot to collect. Just as those Bloody Harvest leaks suggested.
Bloody Harvest starts in October – the date’s yet to be specified – and once the update lands, you’ll find Haunted-variant enemies around the world, which can spawn ghosts that’ll inflict your character with a ‘terror’ debuff to your gun-wielding abilities. You’ll also find a resource called Hecktoplasm as you explore, which you can turn in to a new, saurian NPC named Maurice aboard your ship.
That will unlock the Bloody Harvest map, which is infested with Maliwan forces and fire-breathing, pumpkin-headed rakks. You’ll eventually do battle with Captain Haunt, an undead, skeletal version of Captain Truant from the main story.
There’ll be a selection of new legendary loot – two guns, a shield, and a grenade mod – and loot drops from the new enemies will have a chance for terror-based effects.
There are aload of new cosmetics, too – an ECHO skin, a weapon trinket, skins for each of the Vault Hunters, and a global weapon skin. You can find full details on the official site.
In the meantime, Borderlands 3 mods have already, so you’ve got plenty of options to expand your loothing and shooting experience from here.
- Dataminers discover new Borderlands 3 Halloween skins
- The first Borderlands 3 DLC is live – here’s what to expect from Handsome Jackpot
- Borderlands 3 Moxxi’s Heist of the Handsome Jackpot Trailer Breakdown
- Gearbox Details Latest Patch to Hit Borderlands 3; Deploys Character Hotfixes, Health Issues and More
- Borderlands 3 gets Guns, Love, and Tentacles for its next DLC – then outlaws and dinosaurs