If you didn’t know, Call of Duty runs on a three-year cycle of studios, With infinite War being developed by Infinity Ward and the most recent title Call of Duty: WWII developed by Sledgehammer Games, we can only expect that this year’s COD iteration will be produced by Treyarch, the team behind the Black Ops series.
During a recent investor’s earnings call, Activision confirmed our speculations. Treyarch will, in fact, be developing this year’s Call of Duty title. Unfortunately, that’s about it from what we know regarding 2018 Call of Duty.
Recently rumours began sprouting around the internet, speculating that this year’s Call of Duty will be Black Ops 4, given that Black Ops has been the most successful Call of Duty franchise, these rumours do see a glimmer of light. Unfortunately, we can’t be certain until later this year.
In other Call of Duty news, brush up on your understanding of how Call of Duty: WW2 ranked Season 2 is set to work, here.
Sledgehammer Games’ Call of Duty: World War II Game Director Michael Condrey went to the game’s Reddit community to share news on how Season Two of ranked play will go.
Condrey clarified on how the studio is using Season One data and player feedback to improve Season Two, as well as other various enhancements.
Call of Duty: WW2 is out now for PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
- Treyarch Likely Working On The Next Call of Duty Title
- Call of Duty: WWII Ranked Play Season Two Detailed
- Check Out Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Collector’s Edition
- Call of Duty: WW2 Gets The Classic ‘Shipment’ Map; Free For All Players
- Treyarch Reveals More Information Regarding Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout Battle Royale Mode