Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 highly anticipated battle royale mode, Blackout, has finally received the long-awaited question many fans had pondered. How many players will partake in the Battle Royale?
Thanks to Game Informer’s exclusive coverage, the answer is 80. This means 80 players will drop into the map, each dying off until their is one standing victor. This number can change come time the retail release of the game, but both co-studio head Dan Bunting and Studio Design Director David Vonderhaar stated they are more concerned about gameplay then hitting a number.
“What’s really more important to us than a number is that the gameplay experience is as refined as it can be, that’s it the ideal perfect format for what players are going to play,” he says.
“So we’re starting with 80 players, but we’ve gone higher than that. Whenever we launch a game as a beta or whatever, that’s the beginning of something. We’re going to actively be participating in the community and taking feedback, making changes and adapting, evolving the game as feedback rolls in. So there’s a lot that can go on that can happen beyond that first impact of the game going out there.”
A upcoming beta for the new battle royale mode for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 will begin on September 10. The beta will first debut on PS4, which then will presumably come to Xbox and PC in the following weeks. We will get our first look at the new mode very soon.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is set to release for PS4, Xbox One, and PC on October 12.
- Black Ops 4 battle royale has 80 players plus zombies
- Activision Announces Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout Beta Start Date; Begins on PS4 First, Other Consoles to Follow
- Here’s Our First Look At Call of Duty Black Ops 4: Blackout Gameplay
- Call of Duty Officially Unveils the Official Map for Their Battle Royale Mode, Blackout
- 195 Rapid-Fire Questions Answered About Call of Duty’s Battle Royale Mode, Blackout; Watch Here