With just a few hours separating us from the latest instalment in the Call of Duty franchise, Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, and this is probably the most excited the Call of Duty community has been for a new title. Treyarch won’t just settle for a good performing launch day, they released a detailed plan of the development team’s efforts to add more content to the game’s Blackout mode, Zombies, adding new maps, and periodic events to keep the player base engaged.
All this content obviously means large updates, and Call of Duty: Black Ops 4’s day one update is rather hefty. The update is reportedly 50GB in size. On the other hand, players will only need around 30 percent of the game’s total installation size to play their first Blackout match. Here are all the details from Activision’s support blog.
Before playing for the first time, players will need to download and install a day one update for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4. This update must be installed completely in order to access Multiplayer, Zombies, and Specialist Headquarters. Blackout is fully playable once installation is about 30 percent complete (approximately 16-20 GB).
For an optimized download experience, players should have 112 GB of free hard drive space – note that this is not the size of the download, it is the amount of space required to complete the installation process. The final installation footprint will be approximately 55 GB. In order to play Blackout before the full installation is complete, select “Update to Latest Version” when the prompt appears.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is set to release for PS4, Xbox One, and PC on October 12. For now, check out this guide to get you started once Blackout drops.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 scores – our round-up of all the critics
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Mystery Box Edition Revealed and Content Detailed; Makes Zombie Noises and Features an Actual Mystery Box
- 60fps “is the target” for Black Ops 4’s Blackout mode, but it’s a “hard” challenge
- Call of Duty Officially Unveils the Official Map for Their Battle Royale Mode, Blackout
- Treyarch Reveals More Information Regarding Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout Battle Royale Mode