Call of Duty: Modern Warfare’s beta is ongoing, and so far, the community’s feedback was mostly positive regarding its first half. There were definitely a few comments on Activision and Infinity Ward’s decision on removing the minimap from the players’ HUD.
The second round of open beta is scheduled for this upcoming weekend, with Xbox One and PC players allowed to take part this time. The beta featured the old-school 6v6 multiplayer, and showcased the new 2v2 Gunfight mode. However, the studio decided to add something a little extra for their fans to enjoy, the 64-player Ground War mode.
Thank you for playing the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Beta! We hope you’re enjoying everything we’ve shown you so far, but we aren’t done yet! On Saturday, September 21, during weekend two of the Beta, we’ll be taking your multiplayer experience to the next level. Taking place on a new map, Karst River Quarry, you’ll get your hands on 32v32 warfare in a new mode, Ground War.
Make sure to mark the following dates so you don’t miss a second of this precious beta.
- September 19 – 20 (Early Access for PC and Xbox One, open beta for PS4)
- September 21 – 23 (Open Beta, PC, Xbox One, and PS4)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare releases on October 25th for PS4, Xbox One, and PC.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare adds ‘realism’ mode for the final day of open beta
- The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare open beta is live now for everyone
- The Modern Warfare open beta hits PC in September, with cross-play enabled
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Wallpapers in Ultra HD | 4K
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Multiplayer Reveal Set for August