Yes, Call of Duty: Warzone fans, relief is here – the Snake Shot nerf has finally landed. The latest patch for both Modern Warfare and Warzone has arrived, and it’s addressed one of the battle royale’s most notoriously overpowered weapons. The infamous Warzone pistols have been taken down a peg, and the update brings a handful of other nice changes, too.
The patch notes on the official site include the detail of a “.357 Snake Shot damage rebalance”, which is maddeningly vague – the community has had to figure out what, exactly, that means for themselves. YouTuber TheXclusiveAce has done just that. In short, you’re going to need to be much closer for a one-hit kill. Prior to the patch, you needed to be within five meters for the basic Snake Shot to kill in one go, and now you’ll have to be 3.8 meters away.
This update also fixes a broader bug with the pistols, where “the damage on the .357 Snake Shot was too high at longer distances”. With both big damage and a damage bug on top of it all, no wonder the Snake Shot had been dominating.
If you’re looking to unlock the Bruen MK9, you’ll be happy to know that challenges are getting a bit easier from here. All smoke challenges have been tuned “to be a bit more forgiving”.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone weapon-tuning coming in mid-season update
- Looks like that Call of Duty: Warzone RPG nerf turned out to be a buff
- Call of Duty: Warzone now lets you drop your guns
- Call of Duty: Warzone confirmed as a standalone, free-to-play battle royale
- Infinity Ward Announces Call of Duty Warzone Has Hit 15 Million Players