Activision has officially announced that Call of Duty: WWII will be the next game in the series, confirming previous rumors that the publisher would be taking the franchise back to its roots this year.
Sledgehammer Games, the studio that previously developed 2014’s Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, will be handling development duties. This is the first time Activision has visited the WWII setting since 2008’s World at War.
Activision is set to reveal more information about the game on Wednesday, April 26 during the Call of Duty: WWII Worldwide Reveal Livestream at 10 a.m. PST.
- REPORT: ‘Call Of Duty: WWII’ Sold Twice As Many Copies As ‘Infinite Warfare’
- Here’s The Official First Trailer For ‘Call Of Duty: WWII’
- Treyarch Likely Working On The Next Call of Duty Title
- Call of Duty: WWII Is The Best Selling Game Of The Year
- COD: WWII Hits $500M In First Three Days