Last year we saw the introduction of one of the first series based on gaming to the streaming Netflix streaming service, Castlevania. Originally releasing way back in 1986, Castlevania follows the story of the Belmont family, a clan of vampire hunters, and their fight with Dracula. The series was met with critical acclaim, providing a season 2 for fans. Now, thanks to writer Warren Ellis, we know that it’s coming this Summer and unlike the first season, there will be eight episodes this time around.
‘A vampire hunter fights to save a besieged city from an army of otherworldly beasts controlled by Dracula himself. Inspired by the classic video games.’
The story follows Trevor Belmont as he teams up with Sypha Belnades and Alucard, Dracula’s son, to take down the famed vampire. Since Dracula’s wife was burned at the Stake due to Witchcraft accusations, he’s been unleashing terror on the nation to exact his revenge.
I wonder if this second season will warrant more? Perhaps Ellis has a plan to span the story across multiple sagas? Who knows. Excited to watch Season 2? Let us know your thoughts in the comments down below.
- Netflix Is Developing A ‘Castlevania’ TV Series
- Netflix Renews Castlevania for Third Seaosn; Director Adi Shankar Takes to Twitter to Celebrate and Thank Team
- Check Out The Latest Trailer For Castlevania: Season 2
- Smash Bros. Ultimate adds fan faves Simon Belmont, King K Rool, tons more
- Castlevania producer grabs DMC TV rights – “the jabronis in Hollywood can’t f*ck this one up”