Cyberpunk as a genre features some delightfully wild costumes, and Cyberpunk 2077 sticks with that tradition. CD Projekt Red wants to get the cosplay scene started on the right foot, so the company’s running a cosplay contest over the months leading up to the Cyberpunk 2077 release date which will award top entrants with a share of a $40,000 prize pool.
A series of offline qualifiers will be held from August through November, at Gamescom, PAX West, Tokyo Game Show, Igromir, and Paris Games Week. The winners of each event will receive $2,000, and an all-expenses-paid trip to the Grand Finale in 2020. Additionally, five qualifiers from online entries will also go to the Grand Finale.
The grand prize winner gets $15,000, a “professional photoshoot for a magazine cover,” a set of Cyberpunk 2077 tchotchkes, the collector’s edition of the game, and a “kick-ass trophy.” Second and third place get $10,000 and $5,000 respectively, and all the other goodies except the photoshoot.
You can see a broad rundown of details below.
For the full rules, head to the official site.
Read more: Level up in the best RPGs on PC
We’ve got a while to wait before the new RPG is actually out, but a tabletop prequel called Cyberpunk Red will help pass the time – as will all the certainly fabulous cosplay we’ll see out of this event.
- We’re giving away the Overwatch Legendary Edition and a bundle of Overwatch swag!
- Dr Lupo says Fortnite cheats are “a**holes who don’t deserve” to be in the World Cup
- Cyberpunk 2077 gets a tabletop prequel this August
- Cyberpunk 2077 $250 Collector Edition Detailed, Available to Pre-Order Now
- Here’s how to watch next week’s Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay stream