The building sim from Developer Colossal Order and publisher Paradox Interactive, Cities: Skylines, celebrates it’s 3-year anniversary on the gaming market with a pretty amazing announcement. Cities: Skylines has sold a total of 5 million copies for PC, Linux and Mac over the course of these three years.
Much of the success can be attributed to the consistant support from the team, whereby the developer launched over 1,000 additional features for the game, a number dwarfed by the 144,000 mods players have contributed. In celebration of the achievement, Colossal Order has stated that it will be releasing a some ‘Surviving Mars’ themed content in the shape of buildings and a radio station. Cities: Skylines players will also be able to expect a 10% discount when preordering Paradox Interactive’s upcoming title.
Cities: Skylines is a modern take on the classic city simulation. The game introduces new game play elements to realize the thrill and hardships of creating and maintaining a real city whilst expanding on some well-established tropes of the city building experience.
Thoughts on achieving this milestone? Let us know in the comments down below. Cities: Skylines is out now for PC, Mac and Linux.
- Cities: Skylines Will Be Free To Play Until Sunday
- Paradox Interactive Acquire BattleTech’s Developer Harebrained Schemes
- Surviving Mars PS4 File Size Revealed
- Xbox Live Deals With Gold 24th – 30th October; Featuring GTAV And XCOM 2
- “No Microtransactions” From Fallout: New Vegas Developer’s Next Game