One of the bigger surprises to come out of the Sony State of Play event is the arrival of the epic 2K franchise — Civilization, coming to the PS4.
The latest installment in the long-running franchise – -Civilization 6, is officially slated to release on the PS4 on November 4th. This version of the game will not only come with all of the original content it launched with but will also come with the Rise and Fall and Gathering Storm Expansion. This is exciting news for fans of the series looking to play the game on another platform or those completely new to the franchise altogether!
Check out the new announcement trailer for Civilization 6 for the PS4 down below:
If you’re new to the Civ franchise, Dave Hinkle Community and Social Media Manager at 2K took to the PlayStation Blog to help newcomers to the franchise with some very helpful beginner tips. Check them out down below:
Don’t ignore Barbarians
- Barbarians are big trouble in the early game. These lawless savages will send out Scouts to look for cities to pillage, so take them out when you see them. Recruit some Warriors and Slingers early to defend your cities and borders, and make it a priority to clear Barbarian camps when you find them.
Plan your cities
- Don’t just plop down a city anywhere! Take the time to scout the area around you. Look for a source of fresh water nearby, a food source you can harvest such as Wheat or Rice, and any Luxury resources or natural wonders to boost your city’s development.
- District placement is also a vital part of your strategy for success. Placing the Science District next to mountains will grant you extra Science points each turn, while placing the Commercial district next to a river will bring extra revenue. Plan your cities and specialize them to get the most out of your empire.
Embrace the Eurekas
- Science and Culture will allow you to unlock new Techs and Civics to grow your empire, leading to new units, Districts and Wonders. Certain in-game actions will trigger Eurekas, reducing the time needed to research some Techs and Civics. Settling a city on a coast will give you a boost for the Sailing technology, while defeating a unit with a Slinger will trigger the Eureka for Archery. Check the Tech and Civics trees in-game to learn more!
Choose a leader that fits your style
- One of the best parts of Civilization VI is that there are so many different ways to play, and every leader and subsequent civilization have their own unique playstyles. China, for example, can complete Wonders faster thanks to its unique bonuses and the ability of its Builders, while Rome favors territorial expansion and trade to accumulate wealth. Spain will tend to play an aggressive Religious game with various military bonuses linked to fighting civilizations with different religions. Try them all to see which best fit your preferences.
Know which victory to go for
- There are several different paths toward victory in Civilization VI. The simplest to start with would be the Domination victory, which requires you to use your army to occupy all capital cities on the map. Be the first to colonize Mars for the Science victory, or build world Wonders and become the preferred tourist destination of the world to win a Culture victory. How you win is up to you and your playstyle!
Civilization VI, along with the Rise and Fall and Gathering Storm Expansion Bundle, on November 22, 2019. Are you excited for the arrival of the epic franchise on the PS4? Let us know in the comments below!
- Eleanor of Aquitaine is coming to Civilization 6 to take your cities (peacefully)
- The Ottomans arrive in Civilization 6 to beat you up and build cannons
- Dido brings Phoenicia to Civilization 6 and can move her capital around
- Phoenicia and the Ottomans Empires Revealed for Civilization VI: Gathering Storm Expansion; New Features Explained
- Sweden adds Nobel Prizes and a teenage queen to Civilization 6