Call of Duty: Modern Warfare will mostly do away with the timed PlayStation 4-exclusive maps, modes that have been with the series for years, opening up post-launch content across platforms in service of the new cross-play features. But Activision’s partnership with Sony isn’t done yet – the “exciting day one advantage” the publisher mentioned in a blog last week has been unveiled alongside the new campaign trailer.
The cooperative Special Ops segment of the game will have a Survival mode, likely similar to the mode in Modern Warfare 3 – though the brief teaser today doesn’t offer much gameplay detail. We do see a bit of what appears to be the AC-130 gunship, some Juggernaut suits, and soldiers retreating behind traps, so that all suggests the expected dose of wave-based survival.
You’ll only be able to play Survival on PlayStation 4 until October 1, 2020, when it’ll be available on Xbox One and PC. In other words, until the next Call of Duty launches and a whole bunch of your potential co-op partners have moved onto the new game.
For stuff you can actually enjoy on launch day regardless of platform, check out the story trailer below.
You’ll see the Survival teaser at the 2:18 mark.
The Modern Warfare release date is set for October 25, so you’ll be able to enjoy everything the game has to offer then. Er, most of what it has to offer, anyway.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Wallpapers in Ultra HD | 4K
- Activision Releases Epic Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Gameplay Launch Trailer, Watch Here
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Open Beta Receives 64-Player Ground War Mode
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Season 3 Starts April 8th, New Teaser Image Released
- New Story Trailer for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Released During Sony’s State of Play