To many fans Hideo Kojima is regarded as one of the most important figures in modern gaming, and it seems that the Director behind the massively successful God of War ‘Reboot’ is one of them.
in response to a tweet asking if any of the cinematic components of his game were inspired by Kojima’s works, Barlog stated that he had learned a lot from the gaming figurehead
“I learned so much from Kojima’s games. I remember losing so much sleep binging on MGS2. I was so tired at one point that when the codex conversations started breaking the 4th wall, I literally thought they were talking directly to me. Freaked me out. Master f***ing class.”
In other God of War news, the title sold 3 million copies in the space of 3 days.
There’s no doubt that God of War has been one of Sony’s most successful franchise – I mean a simple youtube search for God of War will yield hundreds of clips from the games with millions of views. But has the latest title lived up to the predecessor’s successes? Most definitely!
I’d be pretty interested in hearing his opinion of where the MGS series has gone to of late. Thoughts? Let us know in the comments below.
- God of War Sold 3 Million Units In 3 Days
- PUBG Has Sold 22 Million Copies
- Super Mario Odyssey Sells 2 Million Copies in Just Three Days
- PS4 Has Sold A Total of 6 Million Units In Japan
- Hideo Kojima Gives Death Stranding Development Status Update; Development Pace is Surprising Sony