Crytek’s successful free-to-play online FPS Warface is coming to PS4 and Xbox One, according to new Taiwanese ratings.
Warface originally released on PC in 2013, and was ported to the Xbox 360 in April 2014. However, the Xbox 360 port wasn’t as successful as the studio hoped for, which made them pull the plug on its support in 2015. The game even received its own battle royale mode last year. Warface is one of the few games who managed to succeed following the free-to-play business model.
Dirk Metzger, Crytek’s General Manager of Publishing, said: “Our goal with Warface has always been to show that free-to-play games can be top quality, blockbuster experiences that match the industry’s highest standards. By bringing the game to players in North America, Europe and Turkey today, a vast new audience can now see for themselves the lengths we’ve gone to in order to achieve that vision and make Warface stand out from the crowd.”
The world is struggling to recover from an unheard of recession level while powerful individuals own the majority of the world’s wealth. Those in power have begun asserting their will and protecting their money by means of a military force known as Blackwood.
You are part of Warface, an outfit that starts to fight back against Blackwood’s brutal reign of worldwide terror.
- 4 classes levelled simultaneously: play as a Rifleman, Sniper, Engineer and Medic
- 2 powerful factions: Warface and Blackwood
- Endless possibilities in PVP: 9 + modes on 50+ maps
- Ranked matches, clan wars and more!
- Story-driven PVE: 8 + special operations with unique environment and enemies
- PVE missions with different difficulties for anyone from a new player to a veteran!
- Co-op and Versus gameplay you can enjoy with your friends
- A wide range of primary, secondary and melee weapons with multiple attachments available. The line-up is regularly updated!
- A variety of equipment, weapon and character skins that will help you to stand out!
So far, Crytek is yet to deny the rumours or make an official announcement regarding Warface’s console release. Once there is any updates, we’ll let you know.
- Play Amplitude’s Endless games free this weekend
- RUMOR: Blizzard Working On ‘Diablo 2’ And ‘Warcraft 3’ Remasters
- Battlefield 5’s Grand Operations mode will be playable at launch, EA says
- Battlefield V Open Beta Planned for September Release; Modes and Content Detailed
- For Honor: Starter Edition Complete Free For Limited Time