Two of Counter-Strike: Global Offensive’s maps have received a fresh batch of updates. Developer Valve has posted patch notes for a new update that introduces a bunch of tweaks and tinkerings to the CS:GO maps Anubis and Mutiny, which were both added to some of the FPS game’s official matchmaking pools earlier this year.
For Anubis, the studio has introduced changes to the map’s spawn points, as well as some visual changes and a handful of bug fixes. The Ancient Egyptian temple-inspired Anubis map’s spawn points have been shifted “slightly apart from each other” to enable “better movement”, for example, while the dev has also added some grenade clips onto “short A for smoothing bouncing” and also fixed some minor “nitpicking stuff” on the multiplayer game’s radar. It’s not quite clear what this stuff is, though.
As for the tropical island Mutiny map, the biggest change is an “overhauled T o A site layout”. Alongside this, the dev’s re-textured and improved the visual fidelity of some portions of the map, improved its performance with some adjusted fade distances, and “fixed various minor bugs”.
Here are the latest CS:GO patch notes in full for you to check out (via Valve):
- Moved the spawn points slightly apart from each other for better movement
- Fixed various bugs containing invisible prop faces, gun falling trough props, floating props, invisible brush faces, props z-fighting
- Added grenade clips to the trims on short A for smoothing bouncing
- Fixed some small nitpicking stuff on the radar
- Overhauled T to A site layout
- Adjusted some prop fade distances for better performance
- Replaced church brick textures
- Improved visual fidelity of some models
- Replaced floor textures across the map
- Fixed numerous dark spots showing in place of foliage when using low shader settings
- Fixed various minor bugs
Details on how these changes will appear in-game are pretty sparse from the notes, so you’ll have to go get stuck in to get a good look for yourself, now that the patch should be live.
- Mortal Kombat 11 Character Updates Patch Notes
- Ubisoft Releases Latest Patch Notes for Ghost Recon: Breakpoint Update, Read Full List Here
- Rainbow Six Siege Update Fixes Sam Fisher Bugs and Much More
- Dead by Daylight Update Released, Here’s What’s New
- Mortal Kombat 11 Update Makes Changes to Multiple Characters, Full Patch Notes Revealed