Studio MDHR’s side-scrolling platformer, Cuphead has just received a new update, fixing the usual bug issues and introducing extra functionality.
Firstly, if you experienced any freezes disconnecting and reconnecting your controller while playing the game, the studio has fixed the issues so you needn’t worry about switching your controllers while in game. Various other freezes and crashes have been fixed. The game’s art style has also been slightly touched up and edited.
In terms of functionality, players can now unequip secondary weapon, Super, and Charm from equipment menu. The charge weapon is also now equipped during parry, and it’s no longer possible to create an army of mugmen.
Cuphead released to critical acclaim this year, most recently boasting 1 million Steam sales for the PC platform alone. How have you found the title? Enjoying it? Let us know in the comments below.
- Fixed various freezes caused by controller disconnection/reconnection
- Fixed infinite controller rumble bug
- Fixed various freezes and soft-locks and crashes
- Improvements to saving and loading
- No longer possible to create a Mugman army.
- Fixed rapid-weapon-swap damage glitch
- Slight charge weapon damage reduction
- Charge weapon charge is now maintained during parry
- It is now possible to unequip secondary weapon, Super, and Charm from equipment menu (Press “Y” to unequip)
- Mr. Chimes no longer gets stuck or goes off-screen
- King Dice’s Start Over square will now only trigger once per attempt
- Player 2 now appears in the King Dice board after being revived at the end of a mini-boss level
- Dice Palace score now properly resets when retrying the level
- Fixed improper hit boxes on the Devil’s snake attack
- Fixed Devil’s goat attack so it hits ducking players
- Elevator on Rugged Ridge no longer locks if Player 1 dies
- A+ grade now possible on Funfair Fever and Treetop Trouble
- No longer possible to damage bosses that are off-screen
- Fixed rare crash when parrying on Carnival Kerfuffle
- Fixed Roundabout shots not coming back on screen on select stages
- Baroness Von Bon Bon death results now properly displays progress on phase 3
- Dr. Kahl’s Robot death results now properly displays progress on phase 1
- Fixed various minor collision bugs
- Various art and animation polish
- Minor sound effect bug fixes and polish
- Added spooky Mausoleum announcer
- Touch fuzzy, get a little dizzy
- PUBG Xbox One Gets A New Patch; Adds Auto Run, Fixes Bugs
- ARK Update 1.44 Adds Tek Weaponry, Structure, Armor and Fixes Numerous Issues
- Shadow of War Update 1.07 Adds Online Fight Pits
- Call of Duty: WWII Update 1.08 Fixes Bugs, Buffs MP-40 and M1928 Fire Rate and More
- Splatoon 2 Gets A New Weapon; Patch 1.4.1 Notes Detailed