While yes, we had confirmation for the open-world survival shooter, DayZ to be arriving Sony’s latest console, Bohemia Interactive, the studio behind the game’s development has been pretty dead. Now it seems the team has spoken up, reminding fans that the game is still set to arrive on the PS4, but as of right now, the Xbox One launch is a priority.
“In short, yes, we’re still going to release DayZ for PS4,” a representative told GameSpot. “It’s mostly that we have the ability to do the Game Preview program with Xbox that has us choosing this platform for the first console release, and the partnership with Microsoft has been very productive so far. We’re still excited to have DayZ in the hands of PS4 players, it’ll just happen a bit later than the Xbox release.”
Unfortunately, it may actually be a lot later than the Xbox One’s launch – as of right now the company said on Twitter that they can’t even commit to a 2018 release for now, which is fairly ridiculous considering the game was confirmed for PS4 launch back in 2014. What’s an extra year, right?
DayZ is out now for PC.
- DayZ Will Release For Xbox One 2018; PS4 Release Still Unknown
- DayZ Dev Committed to Bring Survival Title to Xbox One; It’s a “Must”
- Day Z Final Build Will Launch On Both PS4 And Xbox One At The Same Time
- DayZ Coming to Xbox Game Preview on August 29th
- DayZ is finally leaving alpha and adding base building