DayZ was announced for consoles way back when we first glimpse of the PS4 and Xbox One in 2013. Since then, the game has faded into obscurity with ill support for the PC version and a lack of news updates from the development team regarding a console port.
Over December we received a small tidbit of news from the studio behind the game’s development, Bohemia Interactive, stating that a PS4 launch would happen but Xbox One is a priority.
“In short, yes, we’re still going to release DayZ for PS4,” a representative told GameSpot. “It’s mostly that we have the ability to do the Game Preview program with Xbox that has us choosing this platform for the first console release, and the partnership with Microsoft has been very productive so far. We’re still excited to have DayZ in the hands of PS4 players, it’ll just happen a bit later than the Xbox release.”
Now the team has taken to Twitter to announce that the game will infact release this year for Xbox One via the preview program – PS4, remains unknown.
DayZ is out now, exclusive to PC. Thoughts on news of this release? Let us know in the comments below.
- DayZ Is Still Coming To PS4; But Xbox One Launch Is Priority
- DayZ Coming to Xbox Game Preview on August 29th
- Day Z Final Build Will Launch On Both PS4 And Xbox One At The Same Time
- DayZ Dev Committed to Bring Survival Title to Xbox One; It’s a “Must”
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Xbox One Launch Date Revealed