I doubt many know exactly what Hideo Kojima has in store for us in Death Stranding, even after all the reveals and trailers released. Apparently, even The Walking Dead actor and Death Stranding’s main character Norman Reedus is impressed with the title.
In a podcast interview with B&H Photography, he described the game’s concept as “mind-blowing” and “so ahead of its time.” Reedus continued to discuss some of the elements in the game, including re-establishing physical contact and building a connection to the game.
The concept is so mind-blowing, because it’s not like, you know, “kill everybody and win the game”, it’s a connecting thing. It’s like the opposite. And, you know, it’s so ahead of its time. And there’s elements of social media in it, and the idea is that, you know, you have so many games, and so many parts of millennial culture I guess, is being alone in a room. And you lose physical contact with people. This is after that and the re-establishing of that physical contact.
- Hideo Kojima Gives Death Stranding Development Status Update; Development Pace is Surprising Sony
- Hideo Kojima Name Inside and Framed 2 as Inspirations for Death Stranding
- Spine-Tingling New Death Stranding Trailer Unveiled at Game Awards
- Hideo Kojima Has A Surprise Announcement For Death Stranding In 2018
- PS4 Has Sold A Total of 6 Million Units In Japan