Destiny 2: Forsaken is nearly here, bringing us the first major expansion for Bungie loot shooting sequel. The update launches on September 4, but that’s a whole 24 hour range which might leave you madly reloading Battle.net all day in anticipation of the patch. Luckily, Bungie has provided release time info for the expansion and its first raid.
Forsaken will go live on September 4 at 10:00 PDT / 13:00 EDT / 18:00 BST. There will be downtime ahead of the launch at 7:00 PDT / 10:00 EDT / 15:00 BST, and the final patch will go live about 30 minutes after maintenance begins. That’ll give you a bit of time to get the update downloaded, though the window’s still pretty short.
Last Wish is the first raid coming up after Forsaken’s release, and you’ll have roughly a week and a half to prepare. The raid goes live on September 14 at 10:00 PDT / 13:00 EDT / 18:00 BST. If you’re one of those world first sorts, you now know when to plan out your vacation time.
The title of the raid is of special significance, and not just because it’s the same as The Witcher’s most notable short story. It lines up with the Forsaken leak that’s been making the rounds this month. Every new bit of info on the release has lined up perfectly with the leak, so it seems that’s a very accurate summation of what to expect.
The Destiny 2: Forsaken release date is closing in fast, and we’ll soon find out if it paves the way for the same sort of tremendous turnaround the original game saw following its first big expansion.
- Destiny 2: Forsaken review scores – our round-up of all the critics
- Destiny 2’s new Last Wish raid completed in under 19 hours, breaking Vault of Glass’s record
- Destiny 2: Forsaken story and raid details leak – click here to have everything spoiled
- Destiny 2: Forsaken Cinematic Trailer Shows Players Cayde-6’s Final Stand Against the Fallen
- Destiny 2’s PS4-exclusive gun briefly hit PC, but you can’t use it until September