Bungie decided to change things up with Destiny 2’s second year of content, going with the current “seasons” trend most games are adopting. Back in December, the game received its first season, Black Armory, which was received with mostly positive feedback. This time around, Destiny 2 players should prepare themselves to dive into the world of The Drifter, focusing on Gambit host character and the world around him.
Season of the Drifter will introduce a load of new content for players to sink their teeth into, released periodically between March and May. The details and roadmap is shared above. The new season promises new weapons, new armour, bringing back Iron Banner, Gambit Prime mode, new Reckoning difficulty tiers, and finally, new endgame content titled The Reckoning. The Reckoning offers a four-player PvE experience while expanding upon the Nine’s lore and “their place in the universe.”
This little game we call Gambit has evolved. This is where you prove you’re a Gambit veteran! Choose a specific combat role and build a new armor set with perks that will change the game. With only one round to choose the winner, teamwork will be king.
Winning a round of Gambit Prime is just the beginning. The Drifter has a whole new extension of the Destiny endgame. Take your rewards and risk them in a new challenge that belongs to the Nine. Confront swarms of enemies to unlock greater rewards that you can take with you into battle.
- Lore: Complete bounties to learn more about the Nine and their place in the universe.
- Pinnacle PvE: Drop into chaos and fight your way through challenging enemies.
- Earn Gear: Unlock armor and perks that will make you the ultimate competitor in Gambit Prime.
New Weapons & Armor
Annual Pass content in Season of the Drifter provides a new path to earn some of the best gear in the game. Build a loadout that compliments the way you like to fight. Master a combat role that will make you irreplaceable on a Gambit Prime team.
A new season of Destiny means changes to the game. Launch into a variety of activities to make your Guardians more unique, more powerful, and more dangerous in new and exciting ways. Add new riches and Triumphs to your Collection.
- Power Surge Bounties: See the Drifter to catch up to the power of their fellow Guardians.
- Iron Banner Returns: Destiny 2 owners can follow Lord Saladin back into battle in the Crucible to claim new rewards.
- Exotic Weapons & Armor: Annual Pass owners can add more of the best weapons to their Collections.
Destiny 2 is available on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One platforms. Make sure to check out the video below showcasing Season of the Drifter’s content. If you are already a Destiny 2: Forsaken Annual Pass holder, you receive all these seasonal passes automatically. The annual pass is priced at $35.
- Season of the Drifter introduces us to a “Bungie-controlled Destiny”
- Destiny 2 now has branching story choices with permanent consequences
- Destiny 2 rewards: here’s what you get each week for siding with the Vanguard or Drifter
- Here’s when you can get Destiny 2’s Gambit Prime armour bonuses
- Destiny 2: Forsaken Road Ahead ViDoc Released; Announces Three New Seasons, Surprises, and More