There’s a new type of collectible in Destiny 2: Warmind — the Lost Data Fragments. There are 45 of these fragments in total, and shooting 35 will unlock the powerful Wordline Zero Exotic Sword. That isn’t the only reward — you’ll also get an awesome cosmetic Sparrow for getting all 45.
The Lost Data Fragments are pretty different from other collectibles. Instead of just picking them up, you’ll have to shoot them. The fragments have a large target image — depending on the color, you’ll need to shoot the fragment with one of three elements. Make sure to bring weapons of each element before beginning the hunt. It’s all pretty self-explanatory; when you see a fragment, shoot it with the matching color element to crack it open and collect it.
Finding them all is the real challenge. There are Data Fragments everywhere, and they’re very well hidden. There are fragments in mission areas, Lost Sectors, hidden rooms, and all over Mars in general. There’s a counter on your HUD that will (at least) help you keep track if you’re only aimed for the exotic sword.
More Destiny 2: Warmind DLC guides on Gameranx:
All 45 Data Fragments Locations | Worldline Zero Exotic Guide
Data Fragments are small targets found only on Mars. To collect them, you’ll need to shoot the object with one of three elements; depending on the color displayed, you’ll need to shoot with the matching element. Bring weapons for all elements before setting out and collecting.
- Data Fragments:
- White Target = Kinetic
- Orange Target = Solar
- Purple Target = Void
- Blue = Arc
- Unique = Javelin (Relic Weapon)
- How To Get the Worldline Zero Exotic Sword:
- Collect 35 / 45 memory fragments
- After that, the cache will be unlocked.
- The cache is located on the western wall of the Braytech Futurescape area.
- Starting from the Dynamo Approach entrance to Braytech, stick to the left wall and travel up. It’s located in an interior room.
- Fragment #1: This is where you’ll start the expansion. From the very start, look high and left up at the top of the cliff to spot it. Replay the first Warmind story mission to make this a little easier.
- Fragment #2: From the previous fragment, enter the ice cavern and clear the enemies. Stick close to the pit to the left — pass the ice pillar, and look down the ledge. There’s a small cliff down below with this fragment.
- Fragment #3: Keep going through the caverns. Eventually you’ll reach a tunnel with an inactive warsat on the ledge, straight ahead. Look down below the warsat to find this fragment.
- Fragment #4: Starting from the Glacial Drift entrance connected to the Olympus Descent mission area (left of the landing zone on the map), look up at the ice walls. This is in the bottom southwest corner of the area, on the curved cliff face along the western wall. It’s pretty high up.
- Fragment #5: Near the bottom southwest corner, there’s a concrete barrier built into the southern cliff. Drop down to the ledge at the bottom of the barrier to find a target down below.
- Fragment #6: Go up to the west side of the massive bridge that spans this zone. On the west side, next to a massive tunnel door, there’s a smaller building you can enter. Just as you enter through the door, turn left and look in the bottom bins on the shelf.
- Fragment #7: Exit the building and jump onto the nearby bridge tower so you can get a good view of the building’s rooftop. Turn to face the building we were just in, and shoot the target in the corner, near where the structure meets the rocks.
- Fragment #8: From the same tower, you can just barely spot another target to the right of the structure, on the curved cliffs. Jump to the next adjacent tower to the east and look toward the rocks (right of the previous fragment) to spot this one.
- Fragment #9: Near the Warsat Down public event area, activate an Escalation Protocol and take the javelin. Run north and look on the underside of the bridge — there’s a pipe with a small javelin-only target. Escalation Protocols will only become available after completing the campaign.
- Fragment #10: The next target is actually south of the Warsat / Escalation Protocol area. There’s a tree on a hill — look up at the dead tree to spot this fragment. It can also only be destroyed with a Javelin.
- Fragment #11: This one can be tricky. Go to the east side of the map, and look up at the massive “CB” (Clovis Bray) logo to the left of the open hangar. Right next to the logo, there’s a little balcony with this target. Try climbing on top of the bridge towers to get a better view of it.
- Fragment #12: Look toward the hangar — there’s another target on top of the open garage door.
- Fragment #13: Inside the hangar itself, jump up onto the catwalk with the region chest and then face the pipes. There’s a sneaky target hidden on the opposite wall.
- Fragment #14: Go toward the southern cliffs of the map and onto the path that leads to the Lost Sector. Stand on the edge and look toward the far horizon south, then slowly turn right and look below the traversable area — there’s a very dark hole in the rock wall you can spot with a hard-to-spot fragment inside.
- Fragment #15: Outside the hangar, there’s another ramp to the left of it that leads to the Braytech campus. Take the ramp tunnel up, and turn left to face a fan built into the wall. The target is hidden between the fan and the wall.
- Fragment #16: As you enter Braytech from the Glacial Drift, jump onto the wall to the left and backtrack to the far corner of the roof. From here, look down at the damn wall below — there’s a little drainage pipe below with a fragment.
- Fragment #17: From this same vantage, look left at the series of vats on the dam wall. There’s a whole bunch of white vats — you’ll need to climb on the tall structure guarded by Cabal to get a good view of the target in the white vat storage area.
- Fragment #18: Go to the ledge from the tall building (to the right as you enter Braytech) and find catwalk stairs leading down. From these stairs, jump down to an orange vat built into the side of the dam. From this orange vat, you can see a kinetic target in the hidden alcove, beneath the stairs.
- Fragment #19: Run toward the public event area and to the structure to the left of the tall silos on the edge — this is the rooftop right next to Ana Bray’s area inside. You can see her through the window! From this roof, look toward the pipes to the north.
- Fragment #20: Another Escalation Protocol javelin target. This one is on the blue vat, built into the side of the long building flanking the Cabal public event area. It’s pretty easy to spot just while running around.
- Fragment #21: Go find the Escalation / Javelin spot on the opposite side of the long building south of the main Ana Bray interior area. From there, you can look up at the southwest corner of the building — there’s a target high up on the rooftop.
- Fragment #22: Follow the street between to the two buildings with interiors — on the left building (the one with the hive inside), there’s a high window near the back with a target on top of a weird object grafted onto the side of the exterior, near the window.
- Fragment #23: In the same alley, to the left of the door leading to the Ana Bray interior room, there’s a weird little mystery device on the exterior wall you can interact with. Interact, then rush left (and past the hive building) to the structure with the massive “2” outside the door. Go inside and up the stairs, then look through the open double doors. There’s a target there.
- Fragment #24: Go back inside the big room with Ana Bray. In the center, opposite the wall with the three computer terminals, there’s a barrier and a few crates. The target is on those crates.
- Fragment #25: From this interior, go up to the big diamond-shaped Warmind statue. This one is on the edge of the fountain, you can’t miss it.
- Fragment #26: From the BrayTech interior, follow the stairs up to reach the Aurora Reach zone that leads to Rasputin itself. In the first area with enemies, go to the left catwalk ledge and look under the next, slightly higher catwalk platform. Under the ledge (left of the small steps) you’ll be able to spot a very tricky fragment.
- Fragment #27: Leaving the narrow vent tunnel, you’ll exit and turn right. At the next corner, there’s a very easy to spot fragment, plainly visible on some crates. This is one of the easiest to find, you can’t miss it.
- Fragment #28: Right at the start, from the hanging warsat-looking thing, jump to the opposite wall where there’s an open vent. Crawl in and look around the left corner to find this target in a secret area.
- Fragment #29: Continue up all the way to the top of the bridge leading to Rasputin, to the dispenser where you first got a Javelin special weapon during the second story mission in the DLC. From this balcony, drop down to the pipe on the right and run forward (toward Rasputin) — stop at the halfway point and inch over to the right to spot a target high up in the bridge struts.
- Fragment #30: Enter the building through the door near the Javelin dispenser. On the first floor, jump across the gap and look left of the big glass doorway — there’s another closed door with a target above it.
- Fragment #31: Kill all the enemies in this room to open the door into the last chamber in this area. Inside, look to the far distance to the left — the target is on one of the struts over the far expanse, on the left wall.
- Fragment #32: Look up from the center of the area to spot a far radio tower in the distance, above the ice wall. The target is on that radio tower. You’ll see a few silos near the base of this tower — a sniper rifle or a rocket launcher will come in handy here.
- Fragment #33: Just as you enter the Alton Dynamo area, turn around and look left. There’s a stalagmite-ish ice pillar to the left where the target is hiding. You can’t miss it if you return to the previous area from this passage.
- Fragment #34: In the first combat area, stick to the left wall. On the balcony, there are two struts that reach to the ceiling with bends in the middle — look up and between the panels on the bend of the left of these two panels.
- Fragment #35: When you enter the massive server room filled with tall pillars, stick to the right wall. When you reach the right-most corner of the large diamond-shaped room, look up at the server pillar. On the side facing the wall, there’s a fragment high up.
- Fragment #36: Back at the entrance, instead of going right and entering the server room, go straight. In the room straight ahead from the entrance, look to the right — there’s a vent on the wall. Break it open with a gunshot. Crawl through and activate the terminal in the room on the other side — like the other terminal in Braytech, this will slightly open a nearby door.
- Return to the room where you first entered the vent, and continue straight forward. In the following room, go to the back-right door, take a left, then run by the enemies and enter the back door on the right. Finally, at this junction, you’ll find a door to the right that’s only slightly open. Shoot through the opening to get this tricky fragment.
- Fragment #37: Backtrack and enter the override column room (go straight instead of turning left and entering the Cabal area) — there’s a glass pane in the ceiling. Climb the pylon and reach a high pipe so you can see over the glass and shoot the target.
- Fragment #38: Back in the Cabal room (that leads to the Fragment #35 junction), go to the back-left corner from the start of the room. Jump onto the wall in the corner and look in the distance. There’s a tiny target that’s pretty easy to make out.
- Fragment #39: Still in the same Cabal room, go to the center and pass the big orange-glowing pylon. Look up at the roof and check the back of the struts attached to the tall pylon. The target is on the pipes.
- Fragment #40: Remember the junction with the fragment through the opening / closing door? There’s another fragment inside. It’s on the left, on top of a weird vat. It’s hard to miss.
- Fragment #41: This one can be tricky. Continue forward from the previous fragment and stick to the right side of the chamber — on the right wall, past the second of two vats, look up and left into the pipes in the far distance. You need to see it from just the right angle.
Ma’adium Subterrane (Glacial Drift Lost Sector)
- Fragment #42: On the cliffs in the giant hole in the first large chamber of the sector. Jump to the opposite cliff to get a better look. It’s far below, but the bright light should make it pretty easy to spot.
- Fragment #43: At the start of the sector, look behind the crashed ship near the entrance. The target is behind the ship, near the engines.
Core Terminus (Braytech Futurescape Lost Sector)
- Fragment #44: In the room with the first enemies, interact with a terminal (near a glass door) on the right wall. Interact with the door after using the terminal, and the double doors will open just enough to let you shoot the target.
- Fragment #45: Don’t kill all the enemies or the doors won’t open. For this final fragment, enter the second room and find the terminal on the back right wall. Interact, then continue on to the third room. There’s another set of double doors on the right wall that will slightly open, giving you enough space to shoot the last target.
More Destiny 2 guides on Gameranx:
- Destiny 2: Warmind DLC – How To Get The Worldline Zero Exotic Sword & Secret Exotic Sparrow
- The Inpatient: Past Memories Locations | All 21 Collectibles Guide
- Observe Balreth’s Attack Finding the portal at the end of quest.
- A Way Out Walkthrough | Part 3: Preparations
- Monster Hunter World Update 2.01 Lands