Eidos Montreal is insisting that the Deus Ex series isn’t dead yet.
While the last game released back in 2016 and the team is currently busy with Shadow of the Tomb Raider, David Anfossi, the studio head at Eidos Montreal, insisted in a video interview that the series isn’t “dead”.
Anfossi said that Eidos Montreal “did not forget Deus Ex” and mentioned that the studio was built on the cyberpunk franchise. “It’s not dead,” Anfossi added. “We just need to think about the future of it and make it correctly and respectfully.”
Last year Square Enix, the publisher of the game series noted that another Deus Ex wouldn’t be coming out for a while because of limited resources. He also denied that the series has been discontinued.
“What I can say is Eidos Montreal has always developed Deus Ex, and the issue is we do not have limitless resources,” Matsuda said. “We have several big titles that we work with and that’s partly a factor in what our line-up looks like.”
“Of course, it would be ideal if we could work on all of them all of the time,” he continued, “but the fact of the matter is some titles have to wait their turn. The reason there isn’t a Deus Ex right now is just a product of our development line-up because there are other titles we are working on.”
Thoughts? Let us know down in the comments below.
- Eidos Montreal Studio’s David Anfossi Calls The Last of Us 2 Animations Fake
- Eidos-Montréal Updates Vision Statement; Shows New Studio’s Desire to Focus More on “Online Experiences”
- Daily Deal: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Is Only $8.30 On Cdkeys
- Capcom Shuts Down Dead Rising Development Studio
- Daily Deal: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided PC Is Only $7.99 On New Egg