Sega has been teasing a new IP for a while now stating that the developers who were behind the popular Yakuza series have been working on a brand new IP. This project has apparently been in the works for over three years but we’re only just now getting a look at the game. Gamers can expect Judge Eyes to release next year.
There are still plenty of details that Sega is holding away from the public at the moment but during a PlayStation Lineup Tour event, Sega unveiled Judge Eyes. The game follows a lawyer who is seeking out clues in order to get at the bottom of a crime. Being that this is the development team who was also responsible for bringing out the Yakuza series, you can expect a similar combat system.
For instance, the gameplay footage showcased does follow our protagonist fighting a group of enemies with hand-to-hand combat. We’re unsure if this game will also see any action taking place in a courthouse much like the Ace Attorney series.
For now, we only know a brief synopsis of Judge Eyes along with some gameplay footage. We’re sure that this game will be showcased during the Tokyo Game Show happening later this month. Until then, you can take a look at the two videos showcasing the game above and below.
- Yakuza 0 is out now, finally bringing the series to PC
- It looks like Yakuza 6 is coming to PC
- Sega wants you to know that “real yakuza” use a gamepad
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Footage Showcases Lickers, Updated Visuals, and More; Watch 15-Minutes Right Here
- Sega: “We’ve seen the growth of Japanese IP on Steam on PC; that never existed before”